Monday, April 18, 2016

Celebrating Failure

Let's Fail, A Lot!



Our friend, Thomas Edison, once remarked -- rather famously! -- that he didn't fail to invent the lightbulb 1,000 times. No! He just discovered 1,000 ways that didn't work. 
In this exercise, bare your soul!
1) Tell us about a time this past semester that you failed -- whether in this class, or outside of this class. Don't spare any details! It'd be even better if there was something you tried several times this semester, and failed each time. 
2) Tell us what you learned from it.  
3) Reflect, in general, on what you think about failure. Failure is hard, isn't it? It's embarrassing, sure, but it also means that we have to change something about ourselves. Talk about how you handle failure (emotionally, behaviorally). Finally, talk about how this class has changed your perspective on failure -- are you more likely to take a risk now than you were four months ago? 
Please include a picture with this post. Also, don't forget to include the phrase "Celebrating Failure" in the post title and label it "Week 13." Share the post URL here, and don't forget to make the declaration. 
Text for declaration:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
I have completed all of the requirements for the "Celebrating Failure" exercise.
I have published a post for this exercise.
I have described a situation in which I failed, how I learned from that failure, and my reflection on failure
I have included a picture in the post.
I have proofread the post and included the phrase "Celebrating Failure" in the title and labeled it "Week 13."
I have shared the URL to the post in the "Share" exercise in Canvas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment