Monday, April 18, 2016

Half-Way Reflection

Tenacity & Paying It Forward
Webster defines "tenacious" as "not easily stopped or pulled apart" or "very determined to do something." One of entrepreneurs' most important competencies are their tenaciousness. They persevere, despite all odds, despite waves of negative feedback, and despite failure and rejection. 
Now that we're at the half-way point of the course, you've definitely demonstrated tenacity, too!
For this exercise, I'd like you reflect on the past two months. In your blog post for this exercise, pretend that you're talking to a student from next semester's ENT 3003 course. What would you tell them?
1) Tenaciousness is a skill. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
For this post, please include at least one image. Also, be sure to include the "phrase "Half-way Reflection" in the title and "Week 8" in the label. Once you have completed this exercise, please don't forget to Share the URL for the post and make the Declaration. 
Text for declaration:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: 
I have published a blog post about the entrepreneurial competency of tenacity.
I have reflected on my own tenacity through the first half of this semester.
In my blog post, I have described the skills that have helped me to be tenacious in this course.
In my blog post, I have also described the 'tenacious' mindset or attitude that helped me overcome the most challenging moments. 
I have included at least on image with my post. 
I have included the phrase "Half-way Reflection" in the title and "Week 8" in the label.
I have proofread my post before publishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment